- About Us
- Contact Us
Roads Scholar Engagement Tour
The Roads Scholar Engagement Tour is for recently hiried OSU faculty members and/or those who want to gain a better understanding of Oregon State’s land grant mission and opportunities for community engagement.
2015 tour dates set
This year's tour will be held Sept. 15-16 and will head south along the I-5 corridor to destinations including Eugene, Roseburg and Central Point. A tour itinerary will be posted when the details have been finalized.
In preparation for the bus tour, it is recommended that participants read a selection of articles related to engagement. These articles can be found on our Resources for Faculty and Staff page.
Past participant testimonials
“The tour helped me better appreciate the university and also think about potential partnerships.”
“It was a great opportunity to meet other OSU faculty and staff and to find out how outreach and engagement contributes to their work.”
“I met some really interesting people and am looking forward to finding opportunities to collaborate in the future.”
“I enjoyed the opportunity to visit sites and organizations where Oregon State has an engaged research connection.”
- PCUN / CAPACES Leadership Institute (Woodburn)
- Columbia Gorge Community College (Hood River)
- Mid-Columbia Agricultural Research and Extension Center (Hood River)
- Willamette Valley Vineyards (Turner)
- Tillamook Bay Community College
- Hatfield Marine Science Center (Newport)
- North Willamette Research and Extension Center (Aurora)
- Oregon Food Bank (Portland)
- Food Innovation Center (Portland)
- WaterWise Demonstration Garden (Newberg)
- PCUN Oregon's Farmworker Union (Woodburn)
- Networking reception and dinner at the Oregon Garden
If you have have any questions, please contact Jeff Sherman.