- About Us
- Contact Us
Roads Scholar Engagement Tour
The Roads Scholar Engagement Tour is for new OSU faculty members (hired within the past three years) and/or faculty who want to expand their knowledge of local engagement possibilities to gain an understanding of Oregon State’s land grant mission and opportunities for community engagement.
Register for this year's tour by Sept. 1
This year's tour will take place Sept. 15-16 and includes stops in Woodburn, Wilsonville, Hood River (overnight) and Turner.
A tour orientation for participants will be held on Sept. 10 from 12-2pm in Hallie Ford 115. Lunch will be provided.
Limited to 40 participants. Priority given to faculty members who have been with the university for three years or less.
Contact Jeff Sherman with any questions.
Past participant testimonials
“The tour helped me better appreciate the university and also think about potential partnerships.”
“It was a great opportunity to meet other OSU faculty and staff and to find out how outreach and engagement contributes to their work.”
“I met some really interesting people and am looking forward to finding opportunities to collaborate in the future.”
- Tillamook Bay Community College
- Hatfield Marine Science Center (Newport)
- North Willamette Research and Extension Center (Aurora)
- Oregon Food Bank (Portland)
- Food Innovation Center (Portland)
- WaterWise Demonstration Garden (Newberg)
- PCUN Oregon's Farmworker Union (Woodburn)
- Networking reception and dinner at the Oregon Garden