- About Us
- Contact Us
Vice Provost Awards of Excellence
Colleagues from across OSU received Outreach and Engagement Vice Provost Awards of Excellence.
Presentations featured 10 exceptional, award-winning outreach and engagement projects. Five additional projects received honorable mention recognition. The outstanding projects were selected from a pool of almost 60 nominations.
Distinguished Partner in Adocacy awards were give to the Statewide Public Service Program team. Wild Rivers Coast Alliance, Travel Oregon, Jon-Paul Bowles, Eric Dunker, and Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) received Distinguished Partner in Innovation awards.
Top 10 Outreach and Engagement Projects:
- Collaborative Community Engagement: Experiential Learning through Extension
- Creating an Ecosystem of Engaged Engineering
- Cyberlab - Leveraging emerging observation technolgoies to advance the art and science of engagement
- Get Outdoors Day at Peavy Arboretum
- Go Baby Go Oregon: Modified Ride On Cars for Children with Disabilities
- Numbers in Nature, Math on the Mountain
- Oregon Migrant Leadership Institute (OMLI)
- Prioritization of Watershed Restoration Actions Involving Riparian Landowners
- Thinker Tinker Trailer - The College of Business Mobile Makerspace
- Warm Springs Alternative Break Program
Honorable Mention Projects:
- 4-H Urban-Rural Exchange - Bridging greater understanding and awareness of urban-rural interdependence
- Culinary Breeding Network Variety Showcase
- Envision Tillamook Coastal Futures
- Oregon Parenting Education Collaborative
- What Workers Think: Communication Needs Assessment for Latino Nursery Workers
At its best, outreach and engagement is the co-creation of problem-solving action that addresses the needs and priorities of a specific community, county, region, state, or beyond.
To celebrate outstanding outreach and engagement work involving OSU, the Vice Provost Awards of Excellence were created by Scott Reed, vice provost of University Outreach and Engagement, to encourage and reward efforts to create and nurture healthy communities, healthy planet and healthy economy.
For questions about the Vice Provost Awards, please contact Jill Wells.