- About Us
- Contact Us
Vice Provost Awards for Excellence
Join the celebration!
April 17, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., CH2M Hill Alumni Center
REGISTER NOW! Last day to register is April 10, 2017.
Join colleagues from across OSU as they receive Outreach and Engagement Vice Provost Awards of Excellence. Ignite-style presentations will feature 10 exceptional, award-winning outreach and engagement projects. Five additional projects will receive honorable mention recognition. The outstanding projects were selected from a pool of almost 60 nominations.
Top 10 (in alphabetical order):
- Collaborative Community Engagement: Experiential Learning through Extension
- Creating an Ecosystem of Engaged Engineering
- Cyberlab - Leveraging emerging observation technolgoies to advance the art and science of engagement
- Get Outdoors Day at Peavy Arboretum
- Go Baby Go Oregon: Modified Ride On Cars for Children with Disabilities
- Numbers in Nature, Math on the Mountain
- Oregon Migrant Leadership Institute (OMLI)
- Prioritization of Watershed Restoration Actions Involving Riparian Landowners
- Thinker Tinker Trailer - The College of Business Mobile Makerspace
- Warm Springs Alternative Break Program
Honorable Mention (in alphabetical order):
- 4-H Urban-Rural Exchange - Bridging greater understanding and awareness of urban-rural interdependence
- Culinary Breeding Network Variety Showcase
- Envision Tillamook Coastal Futures
- Oregon Parenting Education Collaborative
- What Workers Think: Communication Needs Assessment for Latino Nursery Workers
At its best, outreach and engagement is the co-creation of problem-solving action that addresses the needs and priorities of a specific community, county, region, state, or beyond.
To celebrate outstanding outreach and engagement work involving OSU, the Vice Provost Awards of Excellence were created by Scott Reed, vice provost of University Outreach and Engagement, to encourage and reward efforts to create and nurture healthy communities, healthy planet and healthy economy.
For questions about the Vice Provost Awards, please contact Jill Wells.