The Vice Provost Awards for Excellence recognize outstanding contributions by faculty and staff that significantly advance the mission of outreach and engagement. Award winners receive $1,000 provided as OSU funds in a services and supplies index and a commemorative plaque.
2012 award winners
- The Service Award is given to a person who provided significant service to the institution, the profession, or the public. Examples could include significant committee service, exceptional support to an organizational function (computing, operations, marketing, staff development, etc.). The 2012 honoree is Sam Chan, Oregon Sea Grant.
- The Strategic Impact Award is given to an individual or team who have made significant accomplishments in a program or project. Such outcomes advance the mission of outreach and engagement while achieving meaningful outcomes relevant to the signature areas of the OSU Strategic Plan.
- The Program Support Award recognizes either classified staff or professional faculty that serve in a support role and who have furthered the mission of outreach and engagement by going above and beyond their job expectations. This year's award winner is Linda Brewer, College of Agricultural Sciences.
- The Innovation in Online Credit Teaching recognizes an individual or team who have pioneered a new innovative approach to the design or execution of an online credit course. The 2012 honoree is Brian Sidlauskas, College of Agricultural Sciences.
- The Innovation in Online Noncredit Teaching Award recongizes an individual or a team who have pioneered a new innovative approach to the design or execution of an online noncredit credit offering. This year's award recipient is the "Living on the Land" Team: Brian Tuck, Ariel Ginsburg, Jeff Hino - College of Agricultural Sciences and Extension and Experiment Station Communications.
- The Diversity Award recognizes a team or individual who have made accomplishments in achieving organizational changes that support diversity, pluralism and innovation in programs that enhance the outreach and engagement mission of the university.
- The 2012 individual honoree award goes to Octaviano Merecias, College of Public Health and Human Sciences, 4-H Tech Wizards Program
Note: Awards for every category may not be presented each year.